10 Inclusive Brands to Champion at Expo West
The natural products industry has an amazing history of leading change. Today, we believe we are also being called to lead on issues related to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI).
Here at NEXT, as we prepare for a week of trend-spotting at Expo West, we think it’s important to be on the lookout for innovation that helps to build an industry of inclusion.
We envision a natural products industry where:
- All people feel welcome and able to participate
- Communities that support the industry thrive
- Employees feel inspired and valued
- Innovation is sparked by a diversity of identities and perspectives, which leads to growth and profitability
- Voices of marginalized communities are amplified in all conversations and decisions
- Products are accessible to those who most need them
- We understand how social and environmental justice are interconnected and work to address both
- Companies serve as role models as a force for good in the world
This doesn’t mean just starting conversations around these important topics; it means taking positive action to improve the natural products industry ecosystem so everyone – regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, class, size, ability and more – have a seat at the table.
Here are 10 brands that provide ideas for how we can foster inclusion:
Eager to find other innovative and inclusive brands to champion at Expo West? Order your copy of the NEXT Trend Guidebook to locate brands by trend, organized by booth number with corresponding categories. Plus, don’t miss the NEXT team live in action at the show, Thursday, March 5th, 2-3pm, during Trends Exploration: How to Identify the NEXT Big Thing in Natural.